our first amazon customer review!

"I have thoroughly enjoyed every chapter of this book. What surprised me the most was how I arrived at almost identical conclusions from such a different background. I did not grow up in a middle class family, nor was I Lutheran. My family was very poor; we did not have electricity until I was 11 yrs old. I grew up at a time where there was no difference in Spain between the government and the Church. My journey has gone through different stages. As I was growing up, my main struggle was to understand, and to oppose, the marriage of the Catholic Church to money and power. I still have serious reservations about today's practices in the Catholic Church. The Church, as a whole, is not committed to the "preferential treatment of the poor," nor to the theologies of "liberaciĆ³n or acompaƱamiento." The poor remain at the periphery of the Church. We still fail to see Christ in the poor and the suffering (or we fail to act on our beliefs). A great feature of this book is that applies equally to Lutherans and to other Christian denominations." - Julian L. Bueno

read the rest of the review

We'd love to hear from others who are reading or have read the book whether you post a comment here, leave a review on amazon or send us an e-mail!

No comments: